Can't believe my little boy is 5 months already! Well, actually, now that I'm posting this, he's more like 5 and a half months. How quickly the time has gone by! He's up around 20 pounds now and has been in 6-9 month stuff since December. He loves his solid food (especially his sweet potato/carrots/parsnip puree) and is eating more new things all the time. He is now up to the veggie puree, green beans, peas, applesauce, bananas, corn... Coming this week is avocado. Jason can't wait to feed him that. He is the cutest little eater though. He sits in his high chair and open his mouth for more food. If you take too long, he'll either lean in (mouth still wide open), try to take the spoon from you, or scream. Though, I can't feed him too much at once, I have to give him time to eat it. We had a brief choking scare tonight on his veggie puree because of how much he had in his mouth. But, all is well and he went back to eating.
He loves his jumper. We have a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders jumper that he's actually been in since October. Around Thanksgiving he was finally tall enough and heavy enough to weigh it down where he could touch the floor in it. Now he jumps all the time and is even reaching for other things. We're definitely getting into toys now too. Though, most end up in his mouth.
We also have teeth! No real pictures yet as they've just broken the skin, but January 10, the day after he turned 5 months, his first tooth started to break through. It was his lower left front tooth. 5 days later the one to the right of it had come in as well. Poor thing, teething was not fun during that time. It seemed no amount of chewing or gnawing or massaging would help. He was, however, content when you would hold him. It was like, "yes, I'm hurt, but you're here with me".
Next month his mom turns 30. Shortly after he'll turn 6 months. We'll have a special photo shoot just the two of us to mark the occasion. I guess it's about time. I do have this picture frame that says Mommy Loves Me that I have yet to put a picture in. That is one thing I'm going to try to do. My picture taking has slowed down and I don't take as many videos as I would like - especially ones with him and Jason in or him and me. And, of course, now I've missed the first 5 and a half months of his life to do that. I must change that.

No comments:
Post a Comment