Tuesday, August 31, 2010

3 weeks old

Well, Hunter, yesterday you turned 3 weeks old. Your dad and I had given you your first full water bath the day before now that everything had healed and I was home. We had a mini photo shoot with you, and then yesterday it was off to print some pictures. After that, as you were still sleeping, we went in to have some pictures made that might classify as "newborn" pictures. I had a coupon for a free collage and that is what I decided on. We will have 2 great shots of you in just your diaper with your eyes open, and one of you in clothing but you're trying to sleep. It's pretty cute. We'll probably go back around your 1 month or perhaps the 6 week mark in September. October will bring us Halloween in which I will have to find something to put you in so I can take you back to the picture people to get a good Halloween shot. Actually, now that I think about it, I may be getting your picture taken every month until February (with the exception of January). There's just so much going on.

We also managed to visit dad at work. One of these days we'll get there while lunch is going on, as I guess the front office has a lot of people that want to meet you. I also must take you into my work. I have 3 departments that would love to meet you.

I am lucky that I get to stay home for almost 10 weeks with you. It would have been 12, but I had to spend 2 weeks and 1 day at home as we didn't want you to come early. So, I get 9 weeks and 4 days. That puts me back to work October 8. Having been in the hospital nearly 2 weeks already out of your short life so far, it's hard to imagine what it would have to be like if I had to go back to work in less than 3 weeks. I'm so glad that I don't. You're going to grow up so much by then that I don't want to miss it.

Feedings are becoming a challenge. Last night, on my shift, you just would not take your bottle. You were starving, but you'd be crying with the bottle in your mouth. You'd take some, then would just scream. I felt so bad, I didn't know what to do. I was crying because I didn't know what you needed. Dad came in and we figured it out. It takes time, but we'll both get there.

Lastly, I want to apologize for last Monday. We got home and you were starving. I felt bad and knew I should take my temperature. Sure enough, it reached 101.9 and never stopped. At that point, I didn't know if I was sick with the flu and thus shouldn't touch you, or if my fever was from the infection at the incision site. So, you were just screaming your head off, no amount of pluggy time would help (pluggy being pacifier), and I couldn't feed you as I didn't know if I could get you sick. You just had to lay in your pack n play. Hunter, I felt so, so bad about that. I was crying just as much as you were. Luckily, Grandma Jan came to help as your dad wasn't home from work. She came and was able to feed you so I could leave and go to the hospital. Thankfully, I seem to be better so hopefully I don't have to miss anymore time away from you until I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment