His Royal Highness turned 1 month old on Thursday. His dad was off from work so we took him in to get some pictures made for the occasion. Momo (my mom) is in town this week recovering from shoulder surgery. Auntie Lauren also came out to help with Momo. The two of us spent a lot of time with Momo and Auntie Lauren. This week also saw his first visit to a professional baseball game. On Wednesday, the 8th, we took him to see the Arizona Diamondbacks play the San Francisco Giants. Momo lives in San Francisco and is a HUGE Giants fan (picture me and my level of fan for the Suns) and they are in the race for the playoffs. Unfortunately for her, they lost. But, we had a great time and he was a great baby. We bought tickets behind home plate so we would have the added protection of the net to keep out fly balls. We were in row 6!
I am also going to be putting His Royal Highness on his stomach more. He doesn't really like it right now, but since week 1 he's been able to get himself on his side out of frustration more than anything. However, it seems that an arm gets stuck underneath him that prevents him from rolling over the whole way. We'll see if we can't change that. :)
He is beginning to spit up quite a bit more. And, anytime he does spit up while we're feeding him, he no longer wants to eat. Which means we're now going about every 2 hours on 2 ounces when he should be every 3.5-4 hours on 3.5 to 4 ounces. Should be fun. He is still sleeping pretty well though. Once he goes down for the night (in our bed) he goes 4-4.5 hours before waking up. Dad does that shift then he goes back to bed and wakes 3-3.5 hours after that. I then take that shift.
I'm glad that I have not had to go back to the hospital. I've been free and clear of the hospital for 2 weeks now. However, I have less than 1 month before I go back to work. On one hand, I'm looking forward to going back. I really do think I would go stir crazy in this house all day everyday. But, on the other, I'm not looking forward to it. Mostly because, while Popo (my dad) says that he is as exciting as a loaf of bread, he won't always be a loaf of bread. Soon, he'll start to really show that personality of his and he'll start to do more things that will make everything all the more fun. But, such is life. We cannot afford to have either one of us stay home.
No comments:
Post a Comment