Friday, October 29, 2010

2 month stats and such

Wow, I guess going back to work has impacted how often I can update this.

Hunter at his 2 month check up 2 weeks ago was 24.5 inches tall and weighed 12 pounds 13 ounces. He's in the 92% for his height and the 72% for his weight. He's a tall skinny baby. He also had his first set of shots. As one would expect, he was cranky that day. Poor guy.

Hunter took his first trip earlier this week. His grandparents (my parents) are season ticket holders for the San Francisco Giants baseball team. This year they made it all the way to the World Series (they currently lead the series 2 games to 0 over the Texas Rangers). Since they are ticket holders, they also get tickets for the World Series. So, I rearranged my vacation days and Hunter and I flew up to visit (dad had to stay and work due to marching band) and go to the game. My sister, or Auntie Lauren, flew from LA to Phoenix to help me with Hunter on the flight to SFO on Tuesday. I had to get through security by myself, but that was easy. I had myself, the diaper bag, the stroller, and Hunter. So, I had Hunter in the stroller for as long as possible. The diaper bag was on the belt and my shoes in the bin. Once it was my turn, I picked up Hunter and with one hand, folded the stroller and put it on the belt too. Seriously, I was as quick as normal passengers. However, as I would only let TSA open 1 formula bottle, they proceeded to search my entire diaper bag and take a swap to everything in it. I also had to go through a pat down search. Seriously? Because I wouldn't let you open sealed bottles of baby formula when you see me holding my less than 3 month old? Just to jump ahead in my story, SFO on the way home yesterday just let us go right through, not even asking to open 1 bottle of formula.

I put these special headphones on Hunter that help with the noise level for take off. I had read that they also help with the pressure change on flights. And, once we pushed back from the gate, I gave Hunter his bottle. Rather, Lauren gave Hunter his bottle. And, once he was finished, he went straight to sleep. As we were getting off the plane in SFO, many passengers commented about how well he traveled. My mom was pissed because he traveled so well and didn't scream bloody murder like I would when I was little. Give it time mom.

So, we do baseball stuff on Wednesday; shopping for Giants World Series gear, going to the stadium, looking at the boats already in McCovey Cove. Hunter was good for the most part at the game. He slept! The headphones must have done wonders. When he was awake and in the stands with me, he was not a happy guy. I think it was too much action for him, too much going on. But, otherwise, he was great. Everyone thought it was so smart that we had him with his headphones. I did hear of a special treat for kids on their first visit to the stadium. You can go to guest services and get a certificate commemorating their first visit. So, Hunter's says something about the SF Giants welcoming Hunter to the Giants vs the Rangers on 10/27/10 in the World Series. Pretty cool. I may have to frame that.

No comments:

Post a Comment